cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean? Is it a problem

Arronleeds
In the router log there are lines that say, blocked one more packet (because of packet invalid in connection)
There are also lines that say they have blocked 9 packets. I have some knowledge on Vdsl but I don't have any idea why packets are been blocked.
3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Aaronleeds,

The blocked packets, will be the router blocking packets of incoming traffic not your outgoing traffic. 

I hope this helps

Mark.

Arronleeds
Thanks for the info, is there anyway to stop it from blocking packets? Or is this normal. I checked the ip it's blocking packets from and it's my iPhone. Thanks

andyt22
Power User

The firewall part of your router will block and silently drop malformed or incomplete packets received over a wi-fi connection - this is absolutely normal as you don't want corrupted packets (and hence data) in your connection. Because of the nature of radio-based network connections, mangled packets are a normal part of a wi-fi connection and the systems is designed to ignore these and request re-transmission if required - the retransmit requests don't make it into the router logs, so you'll not be aware of them.

Andy