cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the </body> tag - for Wibiya

18ME
Power User

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Wibiya toolbar for the Facebook and Twitter buttons but it says that I have to paste the HTML code before the </body> tag in my website.

Any ideas how/where I do that?

www.broadwaycookshop.co.uk
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

graemewilliams
Super User

Paste the code in the following location:

Settings > General settings > Advanced settings

--------------------------------------------------------------
www.rikkismusic.com
www.epagesdesign.wordpress.com - Tutorials, Tips & Ideas on ePages Ecommerce software.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Birchills

A webiste page has tags which give it structure. One of the most important is the body tag which opens with <body> and ends with </body>. You need to be able to edit the HTML of the page (- you can see it by selecting the source option in any browser.) To be able to edit it you will need a password and login details for the site where your site is hosted. Typically the hosting company or your web designer should give you those.  Once you have the ability to edit the HTML of the page then it is a simple matter to insert the code you want on to the page and publish it

Hope this helps

Best wishes

David Hill

Birchills Telecom Ltd

Telephone Systems VoIP For Business

18ME
Power User

Thanks for your reply David.

The website is hosted by BT and is an eshop. I have full control of the back office but wanted to know where I go to in order to add the code.

Sogo7
Grand Master

If you have never done HTML editing yourself  I strongly advise getting a local Web Designer to give you an hours worth of tuition to walk you through this process. It's not complicated but get it wrong and you will burger the site right up, plus because this is for a business you personally don't want to spend the next few weeks trying to figure this out for yourself so it makes sense financially.

In the event that the eShop package does not have an option to insert code into the template it becomes a manual process and that means accesing your site through the control panel or FTP to examine the files themsemselves that make everything appear.

Buried somewhere will be a folder called My_0020_Original_0020_Template and that will contain the template file that needs to be ammended. You don't get a graphical layout view, it will all be in text however towards the bottom of all the code you should see the </body> tag.

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

graemewilliams
Super User

Paste the code in the following location:

Settings > General settings > Advanced settings

--------------------------------------------------------------
www.rikkismusic.com
www.epagesdesign.wordpress.com - Tutorials, Tips & Ideas on ePages Ecommerce software.

18ME
Power User

Thank you, all sorted.