cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do some websites open but not others...

Jon

Hi

Does anybody have an idea as to why some (most websites) open on my broweser but others just 'hang' and never open. No websites/IP are blocked and this just happened in the last week.

Do I need to adjust any settings?

3 REPLIES 3

intinsignia

I have been experiencing the same problem. We have 7pcs on the network. And Some would connect to only certain sites.

I have tried 3 routers and still faced the same problem. Also changed the filters but no change. 

BT seemed to have fixed the problem. 

However I am still experiencing connection drops. 

I wish I had never gone with BT now. They need to know that any business cannot run with our internet these days.

intinsignia

Oh by the way I have got the free BT mobile broadband dongle which is a good backup. Only thing is my new £170 DrayTek router keeps using the 3G dongle as the BT broadband keeps dropping.

I Just hope I don't get a bill from BT Mobile now.

Jon

ahh - it is not just us then. It really is annoying - we are a small buisness and cant work properyl with limited web access as some sites that I need to sue at work will not run. It seesm to be totally random (site such as Sky News or linkedIn just won't launch).

I thought it was a router issues, but no need as we get a line as some sites do work. i have tried everything and typically all the It 'experts' do not have a clue. Even BT.....

I have gooogled the problem and made various settiings adjustments, yet still nothing. If anybody has cracked this issue, do tell me how you did it. Please.