cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connection

Siramik

Hi, Is it possible for anyone to explain to me how to convert my 2Wire hub into a wireless connection. It is connected to my desktop computer now and works great.

As I am not that good on the technical side I need a step by step explaination.

Many thanks for replying. YK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alastair
Grand Guru

wireless is built in and enabled by default.

you need a wireless adapter on the pc to use wireless oviously.

the way to connect depends on your operating system. XP or vista?

for XP look in the bottom right next to the clock. there will be an icon there that is a picture of a pc with a red cross over it. right click that and one option is "view available wireless networks" left click it and it will show you what is available. look for btbusinesshub-xxx or 2wirexxx DO NOT CONNECT TO BTFUSION6XXX!!!! seriously.

double left click the wireless name as i mentioned btbusinesshub and it will ask for the pass key. that is on the router itself on the barcode. it is called WEP and is 10 digits long. no more no less. it also comes on a little card with the businesshub.

once entered correctly click connect and it will do so. if sucessful your done.

on vista....

go to start > network > network and sharing center > on the left hand side there are tasks. manage wireless connections is one. click that and you will see on that page there is a box called "add" click that and it will give you about 3 options. select "connect to a wireless network that is in range of this computer. click that and you'll see a list of wireless networks available. select the btbusiness hub once again NOT THE FUSION. and you will be prompted for the wep. enter it. submit. bang your done.

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

alastair
Grand Guru

wireless is built in and enabled by default.

you need a wireless adapter on the pc to use wireless oviously.

the way to connect depends on your operating system. XP or vista?

for XP look in the bottom right next to the clock. there will be an icon there that is a picture of a pc with a red cross over it. right click that and one option is "view available wireless networks" left click it and it will show you what is available. look for btbusinesshub-xxx or 2wirexxx DO NOT CONNECT TO BTFUSION6XXX!!!! seriously.

double left click the wireless name as i mentioned btbusinesshub and it will ask for the pass key. that is on the router itself on the barcode. it is called WEP and is 10 digits long. no more no less. it also comes on a little card with the businesshub.

once entered correctly click connect and it will do so. if sucessful your done.

on vista....

go to start > network > network and sharing center > on the left hand side there are tasks. manage wireless connections is one. click that and you will see on that page there is a box called "add" click that and it will give you about 3 options. select "connect to a wireless network that is in range of this computer. click that and you'll see a list of wireless networks available. select the btbusiness hub once again NOT THE FUSION. and you will be prompted for the wep. enter it. submit. bang your done.

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=