cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call minder (new message alert callback)

amnaashraf

Hello,

I am aware that the two ways of finding out about new messages are through picking up the phone and hearing the interuppted dial tone, or setting up text message alert.

In the call minder booklet (on page 6) under messaging it says that if callminder picks up a call whilst the line is busy, then 10 mins later, the phone will ring to alert you that you have a new message. Does anyone know anything about that? 

I have tried to test it out myself but it didnt work. When called BT i was told there is no such call-back feature but what it that which is stated in the booklet then?? I only got it a few days backand wondered if I hadnt set up properly?

Am confused, please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi amnaashraf,

I'm sorry you haven't received any reply to this post. If a message is left, assuming no other new messages are in the mailbox, the service will make a call to the line at ten minute intervals. The free BT Answer 1571 doesn't do this, you would need to purchase BT Answer 1571 with message alerting.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Fiona
BT Business Forum Moderator

Message Edited by Fiona on 25-06-2009 09:53 AM

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi amnaashraf,

I'm sorry you haven't received any reply to this post. If a message is left, assuming no other new messages are in the mailbox, the service will make a call to the line at ten minute intervals. The free BT Answer 1571 doesn't do this, you would need to purchase BT Answer 1571 with message alerting.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Fiona

Message Edited by Fiona on 25-06-2009 09:53 AM

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

candigroup

HOW DO YOU GET CALL MINDER WORKING!  After several calls today to BT who told me they had sent the initial email to our business to the wrong address, we still cannot access our call minder.    Trying to get someone at BT who can help you is proviing so difficult.  We are told we have it on the line but no one yet can tell us how we get it working on our phone.  All help greatly received.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

You can find the call minder userguide in the help and support section. If you have a featureline please see the help and support section for featureline phones.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Fiona