cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dvr Mobile monitoring help

sliderguy

Hi guys i have a dvr cctv system setup. I can access WAN and LAN. I have an iphone so i tried to access my dvr using software available out there. Whenever i try to connect it says request timed out.

I have used other softwares but i still get request timed out or error.

On my computer i can view without no problems.

My dvr does have a menu for phone 3G and you can select the ports.

Im just wondering do i need to set this up on the DVR and on the router.

I thought if i can access WAN on my computer then the iphone software does the same trick. Doesnt it?

Help appreciated thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

markp
Grand Guru

Hi,

Your dvr might use different port number for allowing access via mobile devices, you would need to set up a port forwarding withing the router for these ports.

If you look at the post Small Office Network Guides this has the manuals for the BT router on how to set this up.

Markp

sliderguy

hi i just opened ports but still no look. On my dvr it says 16000 on the port list and there is a drop down menu for listing which service you want to use. They are : 3g, 2.75g, 2.5g, 2g. Default is 16000 for port.

I have selected 3g with default 16000.

I have an iphone 3g but no sim so just using it over wifi. I still get connection error.

chrismcl
Power User

Do you know of someone who's iPhone you can borrow which has a 3G service? The software may only be able to use the data service rather than the Wireless connection.

sliderguy

Thanks for the input  i will try a 3g sim card when it arrives. Abit weird since all dvr work over the net regardless if its wifi or just 3g but again it does make sence though if my dvr says 3g, so would need to get a 3g sim card.

sliderguy

Hi i got a 3g sim card and i tryed  to remote monitor the cameras but still no look. The software buffers to 100% then it cuts out and puts me staright into the main menu (iphone3g)

Its very starnge as i tried nummerous software (free ones) and no look. Should i try and buy the software instaed.

I dont want to spend money on software when theres already free ones on the app store.

chrismcl
Power User

I myself have an iPhone as well. I have tried a few times before getting the software from the DVR vendor themselves. Then it worked. I would try and persevere with the free ones. You might get lucky with one of them.

sliderguy

hi the dvr vendor supplied me with a cd which gives me instructions of what to download on iphone app. They recommended me to download cplayer or aplayer. Neither of these work. Aplayer almost worked but all i see is black screen once buffered.

Im still looking for a compatible software for the iphone.

My dvr is a dowson 8ch h256 player.