cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4 cant send email from btconnect account..please help

Tysonian

I have read all the advise and no joy, I have :

Incoming Mail (POP3) - pop3.btconnect.com (Port 110)
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) - smtp.btconnect.com (Port 25)

This failed so on outgoing mail having read the other posts I changed it to:

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) mail.btconnect.com and this failed, so I read more and changed it to the 02 server as described this failed!! Ahhhhh

All the other smtp options are off but what ever I do it says smtp does not authenticate password so I have changed authentication to all the other setting like NTLM HTTP MD5 but no it wont have it.

Why has BT made this so hard to do? I have set up my company email on here successfully and also gmail which was so easy but BT come on this is crazy!

9 REPLIES 9

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

It's Friday and I'm in a betting mood.

I would put a pound to a penny that you are using your mobile network when you are trying to send emails.

If you are then the problem is that O2 block port 25, which is what our servers use to send email.

Did I win?

Cheers.

Dave A

M2

Hi,

I've been trying to resolve this for months on my iPhone 4 - can collect emails but not send, BT Business support can't help and neither could the Apple store.  BUT today -

Halleluiah !!! I can receive and SEND – so to all those at their wits-end below is the answer so you don’t need to waste hours of your precious time as I have -

Ensure you select POP account during setup and then with your username and password (all case sensitive) add the following settings:

incoming mail: pop3.btconnect.com with server port 110

outgoing mail (smtp): mail.btconnect.com with server port 80

ensure the SSL is off   

Good luck.......

OldWolf
Guru

Port 80?  Oo.

I've seen some odd solutions in my time, but that's a good un.

If sending email from an iPhone works on 80, then it must be using some sort of http protocol, but that makes no sense.

Anyone else know more about this?

Cheers.

Dave A

Krapotkin

I've had all the same problems on iPhone and iPad, BT say they don't support Apple products and are not culpable, which is odd on two accounts. 1, that BTinternet accounts don't have this issue, 2 on a business level they will lose accounts of Apple users. It is strictly a BT problem becausae ecah time I leave my home wifi (BT Broadband) I can send.

Sort it out BT.

anthonyriley99

Are you able to list the settings you have entered to set up your emails?

Can you list your authentication settings? Encryption settings? Server port numbers?

If it works via a different connection it's likely to be the Encryption settings

eles

Hi, I am totally new to using my i phone and have the outgoing mail problem like most people using bt connect.  Can you explain how you change the port setting, which seems to have solved the problem for you.

Cheers 

celavey
Power User

Is it okay to change different ports from time to time when the currently used one is not working?

mad62

Glad it worked for you, unfortunately it didn't for me. Perhaps they have changed something since you posted this.

I have always bee able to receive.

I've never been able to send my BT emails through BT home or BT business wifi on my iphone4.

My husband can, he has everything the same but an iphone 3GS.

My son can't with his iphone 4S.

When we used to have SKY broadband/Wifi my BT emails sent.

I can also send on 3G. And I can send from the BT Wifi from my PC.

I have spent hours on the phone to O2 and BT. O2 say it must be a fault on my iphone4 (but then why doesn't my son's work either). BT say it's O2's problem.

I have reset network settings on my iphone, deleted and reinstalled the email accounts and Restored the iphone software.

I have read on the BT help settings about emails being upgraded to a new platform. I wonder if this is the reason I am having problems.

It would be very helpful if BT and O2 could resolve this together.

cdzodiac

Are you really still able to send and receive BT emails via I phone i have tried everything and still cant succeed