cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up btconnect email on a Windows Phone 8

overs

Hi, two questions.

firstly how to setup a btconnect mail account on Windows Phone 8.

Secondly is there a way I can sync mail, calendar and conmtacts between phone and email account? In older versions of Windows phone you could sync by usb between phone and PC. Is there anyway to do this over the air?

THanks

3 REPLIES 3

Burkem5
Guru

Hi there @overs 

In answer to your first question

Add a new mail account use the "other" type and go into the advanced settings

Incoming server

Server – outlook.office365.com:995

connection type – ssl

ensure that this is authorised with the full email address and password including the domain i.e.@btconnect.com

Outgoing

Server - smtp.office365.com:587

connection type – tls

make sure the outgoing server requires authentication and authenticate with the same details as the incoming server

In regards to the second question,  you can do this by using office 365 for Small Business / Small Business Premium  you need a domain name on the email to use this.

If you would like to set this up then sales can help

You can contact us via this link and ask for sales.

Hope this helps

Burkem5

Jeffery135

Hi,  My windows 8 phone (purchased in London February 2015) went in for a screen repair.  Now its back I can't get BT Office 365 to sync.  I looked at the forum and tried Burkem5's method dated 6.12.2012 but still it does not work.  Can you help please?  (PS The phose can find it as a website, but I want my contacts and calendar etc to sync.)

Thanks,

Jeffery

@Burkem5 wrote:

Hi there @overs 

In answer to your first question

Add a new mail account use the "other" type and go into the advanced settings

Incoming server

Server – outlook.office365.com:995

connection type – ssl

ensure that this is authorised with the full email address and password including the domain i.e.@btconnect.com

Outgoing

Server - smtp.office365.com:587

connection type – tls

make sure the outgoing server requires authentication and authenticate with the same details as the incoming server

In regards to the second question,  you can do this by using office 365 for Small Business / Small Business Premium  you need a domain name on the email to use this.

If you would like to set this up then sales can help

You can contact us via this link and ask for sales.

Hope this helps

Burkem5

Hi,  My windows 8 phone (purchased in London February 2015) went in for a screen repair.  Now its back I can't get BT Office 365 to sync.  I looked at the forum and tried Burkem5's method dated 6.12.2012 with colon 995 and 587 but still it does not work.  Can you help please?  (PS The phose can find my Outlook365 as a website, but I want my contacts and calendar etc to sync.)

Thanks,

Jeffery

Burkem5
Guru

Hi there

The above is the setup for POP only which will not set up contacts and calendar on the phone.
BT provide 10 free Office 365 "Lite" licenses,  in order to get exchange/IMAP which will allow the contacts and calendars to sync you would need to purchase and then assign a 365 Small Business/ Small Business Premium.

From there just set up an exchange or Activesync account, fire in the username and password and the account will set its self up.

Office365 Small Business/Small Business Premium does not work with @btconnect.com accounts

Office 365 is an all or nothing service,  meaning that if one email address on a domain is on the chargeable product,  all other emails on that domain must also be on the chargeable product.

Hope this helps

Burkem5