cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT contract grossly overcharged, complaint still not resolved, what to do?

GreenIsNews

{garybs29 directed me to this forum, see original post here}

Dear All,

Per BT written email contract confirmation for BT business package:  
We agreed I pay £43.14 {VAT included} per month for [Superfast Essential + Line + Range of Static IPs]
BT invoiced me since 2020/10 +- £107.17 per month.

Thus by this point BT owes me £1472.69. {Not accounting for inflation}

Evidence was submitted, acknowledged to be correct, escalated by BT starting on 2022.08.04.

Matter still not resolved. Contract is up for renewal, I cannot renew till this is resolved.

Previous two cycles of two year BT contracts I was overcharged. In those two cases the matter was resolved quite promptly when BT billing was handled by UK based agents.

This time round it seems BT outsourced the billing problem department to India.
Wasted many hours speaking to BT in India.
What a nightmare.

What do you advise?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi GreenIsNews

I'm sorry you've been overcharged and your complaint hasn't been resolved. So I can look into this, can you please send me a Private Message with some details? 

^BethM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kelper
Guru

The moderators will get you sorted quite quickly.  Make sure to have enabled email alerts for when they reply.

GreenIsNews

Thank you.

Will wait and see.

Madness that one must come here for such a straight forward case.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi GreenIsNews

I'm sorry you've been overcharged and your complaint hasn't been resolved. So I can look into this, can you please send me a Private Message with some details? 

^BethM

GreenIsNews

Not sure how many people is using this forum, duty to give feedback.

Issue was correctly assessed by admin BethM here  in less than 24 hrs once documentation was provided.
{BT business support in India did not resolve this in more than a month}

Final credit to resolve this matter was received on Friday  22.10.21, thank you very much BethM.

Lessons.
This was the third "2 year contract" where I was over charged.
This time it took an incredible amount of time to resolve.
1. Record everything when dealing with BT.
2. Ensure you receive your invoice every month. {For many years quarterly was fine, clearly not anymore}
3. Know BT business support for SME is outsourced to India. We all know what this means...

Thanks heaven the fibre rollout see many more options in the market. Sad to see BT business services deteriorated to the point we have to look elsewhere.