There’s lots you can do to maximise your Wi-Fi connection, from changing your setup, being mindful of where your router is placed, and using add-ons to help extend your coverage. Here’s some tips on how to boost your connection, to get the best out of your Wi-Fi:
- Routers are affected by electrical interference so make sure it's at least 5 feet away from any electrical equipment such as halogen lamps, TVs, and microwaves.
- Keep Smart Wireless turned on in your router settings, this lets your hub automatically move your devices to wireless channels with less interference.
- Place your router as centrally as possible, avoiding walls and windows to allow the signal to travel the furthest without interruption.
- Keep your router in the open and off the ground, so avoid putting it in a cupboard.
- Restart your devices occasionally.
- Look into Wi-Fi extenders or discs to improve the Wi-Fi coverage in your premises.
At BT Business we offer Complete Wi-Fi for business which provides you with wi-fi discs to create wall to wall coverage. You can find out more about Complete Wi-Fi here.
If you have any questions or want to discuss this further, you’re in the right place. Make a post here or send us a message.