cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BH6 - Wireless isolation, AP Isolation, Station Isolation, or Client Isolation

Officejet

Need some help.

I choose to use Wireless Isolation (also know as AP Isolation, Station Isolation, or Client Isolation) on my home network as described here:

Lock Down Your Wi-Fi Network With Your Router’s Wireless Isolation Option - howtogeek - Jan 14'

This is not for everybody - it can affect google chromecast, file sharing & devices that 'talk to each other through the router' etc.

But for those of us that choose to use it:

Q: Does the BH6(B) have this feature/allow this - can I airlock devices on the same network from each other?  

My sincere thanks to any willing to help explore this.

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Officejet 

This is something I am not sure of to be honest but I will ask about to try and get more info for you!

Regards

Ryan

Officejet

Much appreciated Ryan,

Looking forward to your comprehensive and detailed answer.

Please expland beyond a simple yes/no.

Can you help us explore/map this approach in your reply.

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi OfficeJet

Thank you for being patient, I do have more info for you now.

Unfortunately, the answer I got was no - the wired network and wireless network have access to each other and there is not an option currently to seperate the two networks or to support two different IP ranges internally. As such, the Wireless Isolation would not be possible.

You could put your wireless devices on our Guest Wi-f- service to acheive something similar but that would not be as secure as this feature does not allow the use of a wireless password. You can find more info about Guest Wi-f- here.

This may be something that is possible on a 3rd party router also perhaps.

Sorry again about that!

Regards

Ryan