cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Complaints Procedure doesn't work

ASLltd

Our business broadband contract expired over 2 years ago with BT and I am still dealing with the after affects. In March 2024 we received a bill saying we owed over £4,000 due to early cancellation. Confirmed with BT business that the contract had expired so the charge was incorrect and registered a complaint in april 2024. Got confirmation by telephone and email that we didn't owe any money and the system will be updated. June 2024 got a letter off a debt collector so called BT complaints again ref (IMP-125581957)  and got an apology via telephone and email again to confirm there was no debt and they have notified all debt collection agents. Today 12th July 2024 received another debt collection letter which is causing undue stress to our business. How can I finally resolve this because I don't think registering a third complaint will get me any further based on the last two complaints?

2 REPLIES 2

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I am very sorry about this. I have emailed the team dealing with the complaint and asked they call you to discuss what is happening and what the next steps will be.

Thank you

Adam

Marcus157

Hello, 

Sure! Here are the key steps:

Escalate: Contact a manager or the BT Executive Level Complaints team.
Document: Keep all written confirmations from BT.
Notify: Inform the debt collection agency with BT’s confirmation.
Ombudsman: Escalate to the Communications Ombudsman if unresolved.
Legal Advice: Consider consulting a solicitor.
These steps should help resolve the issue.

Let me know if you need more assistance!

Best regards

Marcus dexon