cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Net - using own router

Soong

Does anyone with BT Net know if you can use your own router if you've already signed up to use their Meraki managed router? Or do you have to call them to switch to Wires Only before you can use your own router?

I've tried finding this out directly with BT but having no luck at all.

3 REPLIES 3

Moisie

This was a few years ago, but when this happened to me, I had to call them to switch to Wires Only before I could use my own router. This also resulted in a change of IP address assignment, which I had to chase to get the information I needed to configure my own router.

Soong

I'm having such a nightmare with this. Any time I call BTnet they tell me I need to speak to someone else so give me a number and they then give me another number, etc, etc. I eventually had someone email asking for a meeting so they can find out what they need and it was basically a sales pitch, I told them what I wanted, they said it would mean a new contract, I said that was fine just send me what I need to sign but still not heard anything (this was two weeks ago).

Is there anyone here who works at BT who can sort this out? All I want to do is use my own router with BTnet. Or use the existing Meraki in bridge mode.

Hi, 

I am sorry about this. If you message me privately I can check and see what is happening with the new contract you had been offered. 

Thank you,

Adam