cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart Hub 2

PBrink

Being a complete broadband and IT dinosaur this question hopefully will be water off a ducks back hopefully for you good people. I've just had BT Broadband and a BT Smart Hub 2 fitted by BT and tried to connect my lap top via LAN cable from back of hub to my Netgear splitter and then flexible extension to lap top but cant seem to get a signal and reading thru am I right in saying these devices have to be set up ? as with my previous supplier I simply plugged the cable in the back of the router and into the splitter and it all worked.

Thanking you for any assistance yo may be able to offer

Best Regards

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kelper
Guru

What is a Netgear splitter?  Why not connect via wifi?

If you must connect with an ethernet cable make sure the cable is not damaged by connecting directly to the BT Smart Hub.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kelper
Guru

What is a Netgear splitter?  Why not connect via wifi?

If you must connect with an ethernet cable make sure the cable is not damaged by connecting directly to the BT Smart Hub.

kelper
Guru

How did you fix it?

PBrink

Just made sure all connections were in and snapped tight and it worked hence one must've just been pushed in and not tight thanks mate 

kelper
Guru

Wouldn't it be more convenient to use wifi?

PBrink

My office is out of range mate its some 80m from the house unfortunately and with the Cat6e UTP Duct Graded cable the speed is excellent and no problems at all 

kelper
Guru

Has the wife banned you from the house?  🤣