cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT can't supply because address/UPRN can't be found

Noddemix

Hi

I'm going round in circles with this and can't work in the meantime as I've no supply, so it'd be great to get some help.

I recently moved into an office that was vacant for six years prior, but has a master socket (blue/white & white/blue) and an inactive line into the property.
The specific suite I occupy isn't present when searching via the postcode on the BT website and when I've spoken to BT they can't find the suite number. My address is on RM postcode finder and the suite is present on the BT Wholesale checker but associated with another business, who are actually based elsewhere in the building and never occupied this office. When I search using their UPRN it shows an active connection so that makes me think there's an error in the UPRN data. Openreach are saying they can't send an engineer because there's no UPRN for my suite. I don't know the name of the business that occupied the suite six years ago and nobody currently here can recall.

I'm at a loss what to do next. I've spoken to Ordnance Survey and the local authority and they can't help.

I guess there's no way to track this back from the existing line into the office, to figure out how my address is listed on the system? Could I just create an order for the building generally (that has its own UPRN) and when an engineer arrives on site, clarify which suite the install needs to take place at? I've tried other suppliers and they're encountering the same issue.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Noddemix

Can you please send me a private message with the details of your address so I can look into this for you? 

^BethM

Thanks Beth - I've sent you some info.