cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT smart hub 2 issues with SIP trunks

J-WCS

I have a BT smart hub 2 with a fibre line and 4g backup, this then leads into a Draytek Vigor2862 and then into the rest of the network. 

I use the BT hub in router mode and have my Draytek in as the DMZ device. I have no issues with all the ports being forwarded but everyday it stops the ports I need for our SIP trunks to work. 

My fix at the moment is to just soft reboot the BT hub and it all works again for a day but there must be something else at play with it. It took me two days with support to get it working to start with.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue? 

3 REPLIES 3

kelper
Guru

May I suggest in the meanwhile, that you power the hub by a smart socket and set a timer to switch it off and on again, each morning before work, or some convenient time?

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi J-WCS,

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.

Please can you send me a DM by heading over to my profile and hitting "Send a Message" and I'll get our high-level technical to assist?

Thanks,

^SamG

martinbirch

Do away with the smart hub and connect the Draytek direct to the DSL line. If you want 4g failover, put smart hub in bridge mode and connect to WAN 2 of the Draytek and configure WAN 2 as failover.