cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband shut down

Wilworth

We are a digital marketing agency based in Cumbria.  Up until last Monday (20th March) we never had any problems with broadband except for the odd drop out which soon came back up.  Last Monday we suddenly lost our broadband altogether.  When we contacted BT we were initially told it was a problem with the router and that resetting the router would sort it. 

This was 9 days ago now and we have been passed from pillar to post at BT trying to get the problem sorted.  Meanwhile crippling our business, with all the staff having to switch to homeworking.  We are now being told that there needs to be a cooling off period with our number before they can raise an order to get the number reinstated and no timescales can be given for how long this is going to take to sort!  It really is an unbelievable situation. 

We have such little faith that this will get sorted soon that we now feel we have a better chance by looking for new premises than getting the broadband back up and running in the next few weeks.  Each time they say they will ring with an update, they don't, we then chase and are told sorry there is no update.  Every person we speak to doesn't seem to have the capacity to get the issue sorted, it really is an unbelievable situation and is quite literally causing us a huge amount of stress & time dealing with BT and trying to find alternative solutions.

Is there anyone out there that can help....we would be grateful of any advice/suggestions to get this problem sorted.  Thanks in advance!  

1 REPLY 1

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Wilworth

I'm sorry you're without internet. Can you please send me a private message with some account details so I can look into this?

^BethM