cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband takeover without my consent

crabstudio
I am writing to express my urgent concern regarding a significant issue with our internet service. On the 30th of July, I received a letter stating that another provider had informed BT of my intention to switch to them. The letter mentioned that our internet services would be discontinued on the 13th of August if we did not get in touch. However, I did not request any such transfer nor have I ever considered changing providers.

Unfortunately, our office was away from the premises from the 30th of July and only returned on the 14th of August. Upon discovering this letter, we realized it was too late to prevent the service disruption, and our internet has already been cut off. Additionally, our business number has been transferred to another company, and they are now receiving all of our calls, severely disrupting our operations.

This situation is critically impacting our business, and we need immediate assistance to resolve it. We need to know how long we will be without a connection and what steps can be taken to rectify this issue as quickly as possible. The interruption of our service is causing substantial damage, and we require urgent attention to restore our services and return our business number.

I look forward to your prompt response and immediate action on this matter.

3 REPLIES 3

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi crabstudio

You should talk to our support teams about this to find out the best next steps. You can find their contact details here.

^BethM

There has been a serious impact on our business with an unknown and out of the blue ceasing of our broadband from your end. This left us with no internet, which of course has drastically affected our operation over the past 3 weeks. This disruption has included:

1. We had to use a substitute solution of a 4G dongle costing $35 as a stop gap in order for the office to still function, which runs slowly and is temperamental.
  2. We have continued paying $52 BT office 365, despite the issues with your other services.
  3. We had to cancel meetings because of no or very slow internet.
  4. Some employees have been forced to work from home or use personal hotspots due to the slow internet.
  5. Employees have had to dedicate many many hours of their paid time dealing with your complaints system being passed from department to department with no answer. This time has taken away from our work and we have had to delay deadlines due to our slow internet.

This has been an excessive burden, and extra cost on our business and we believe that the compensation $29.5 for one month is not at all enough for our loss.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi crabstudio

I have received your private message and will reply to you there shortly.

^BethM