cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt Business Hub 3 with using a Sonciwall TZ270W

LSMH1

Hi

I will explain this best as I can clearly and easily. So our Setup is as follow we have a BT Business Hub 3 on FFTP , we then use a Sonicwall TZ270W as our second line of security to further protect our business. Now it was working for a solid 3 months or longer until recently . What happens is during the night or early morning the sonicwall loses the relevant dns address meaning we cannot access the internet via the ethernet port but the wireless remains intact and connects to the internet fine.

What we have noticed is before resetting the BT Hub that the network uptime is shorter then the system uptime and typically the network uptime is inline with the suspected dns issue and only resolves itself when we restart both the bt hub and sonicwall.

Now I understand there are 2 components to this problem but my main question is this. Why is the BT router losing connection (when there are no reported issue with the network going down in our area or any power cuts to cause this issue to happen) and why does this cause issue with the dns address causing it to not resolve itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

Could the ethernet cable be faulty or could the port the cable is connected to have the issue?

Thank you

Adam