cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing FTTP Fault, Flashing PON light on Adtran ONT

F10XDE

FTTP was recently made available on my street, so I moved to 900mb FTTP from dsl within weeks of the announcement – I run a web server/api which is the primary product of the business. It was running fine for approximately 1 month. At the first billing cycle we found ourselves double charged which was fixed with a phone call to BT and credited to the account.

00:28 the following morning (28th November) the FTTP went down and has not been back since. Flashing PON light on Adtran ONT. I have made BT aware of this a numerous points of the billing error, because to me its just too coincidental, but they have confirmed all services are correct and running on the account.

I have an ongoing fault open with Tier 2 customer service, whose only response seems to be to keep sending out openreach engineers. I have had 5 visits by 4 different engineers ranging from N11’s, N23’s, and by the most senior engineer to whom all others report to, all of which have independently confirmed the ONT is receiving good light from the exchange and there is nothing physically wrong with the connection or hardware.

I have an active complaint, and also in direct communication with the friendly openreach engineers, one of whom I persuaded to go beyond switching over SASA ports, and jobbed it on to the FND team, but as this can take an additional 7days. My patience is at breaking point, so would appreciate advice on how to handle this because I’ve lost all faith BT are capable of resolving this without being guided to a solution.

To make matters worse, and despite telling BT I do not use a smart hub (my routing is done via a UDM) they have sent me a 4g hybrid connect to get me back online, which requires a smart hub. While I have acquired a Smart hub, which is sufficient to stop my kids going crazy without internet, I’m unable to plug this into my network without suffering double NAT issues and I’m unable to switch the smart hub to bridge mode because its seemingly incompatible with the 4g Hybrid connect in that mode. Have BT got access and can supply me a 4g modem instead?

I'm not sure how static IP's are issued from ISP's. But I'm a little concerned as the 4g connect has collected my public IP, the one one my clients use to connect to the API. If/When the FTTP comes back up how is that managed given I'll have two devices, over two connections being issued the same IP address?

1 REPLY 1

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I am sorry for this but I can look to assist you. Can you privately message so I can take some of your business details to make contact and help.

Thank you

Adam