cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Voice Express with SH2 in Bridge Mode

RoryG

Will my Cisco CVE handset work (connected to wifi) if the SH2 is in bridge mode? I have a TP-Link Archer MR600 v3 that has 4G capability, I’ve been using it for the last couple of weeks while BT sorted out my broadband service, they couldn’t provide Hybrid Connect as there’s no EE signal here. 

I would like to continue using it as it will fail over to LTE if the broadband connection drops, it also has far more configuration options than the SH2 (I don’t use wifi on either of them, I have a separate wifi mesh). I have set up the LAN on both routers to be the same, should there be an outage I can swap them over but bridge mode would be preferable. I run several systems that need constant access to the net, if I’m in the office then it’s no problem, but if I’m out they will have no connectivity until I swap them.

thanks,

Rory

CVE is not a deal breaker as long as it will still continue working via the  app which didn’t seem to work properly until I connected the handset to wifi. I have another VoIP provider for the main office phone, CVE is from an historic landline that gets very few calls.

1 REPLY 1

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi RoryG

I have spoken to the Cloud team who have advised me that no, it will not work when the SH2 is in bridge mode. 

^BethM