cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete WiFi disc(s) for Business Smart Hub 2

rob-SMR

I am looking at purchasing a disc to rectify poor WiFi strength in part of the building (we have Business Smart Hub 2 on a BT Business Broadband Account)

BT seems to sell "Whole WiFi" discs which appear to be for Home broadband only (i.e. not Business Smart Hub 2) - is that correct?

Amazon sell what is listed as  "BT Complete WiFi Disc, add on disc" - with a product Model No of  UYH1 - at around £90 (against £7 + VAT a month from BT)

Does anyone know if this is the same as the Complete WiFi disc(s) that BT supply on the monthly payment basis?

The fact that it's described as "add-on" makes me wonder if it will work - I know that the non-BT supplied Yealink digital phones don't work with the BT base station - i don't want to be bitten twice!

7 REPLIES 7

Nitzschestad

@rob-SMR wrote:

I am looking at purchasing a disc to rectify poor WiFi strength in part of the building (we have Business Smart Hub 2 on a BT Business Broadband Account)

BT seems to sell "Whole WiFi" discs which appear to be for Home broadband only (i.e. not Business Smart Hub 2) - is that correct?

Amazon sell what is listed as  "BT Complete WiFi Disc, add on disc" - with a product Model No of  UYH1 - at around £90 (against £7 + VAT a month from BT)

Does anyone know if this is the same as the Complete WiFi disc(s) that BT supply on the monthly payment basis?

The fact that it's described as "add-on" makes me wonder if it will work - I know that the non-BT supplied Yealink digital phones don't work with the BT base station - i don't want to be bitten twice!

Wi-Fi Discs talk to your hub to create a single seamless network from basement to attic. Devices automatically connect to the hub or disc with the strongest signal, guaranteeing a flawless connection. You should get faster wi-fi too, and be able to stream HD content anywhere in your home.

rob-SMR

Yes - I know that - it's why I'm looking to get a disc to fix a poor wifi signal in part of the buidling - the question in my post is:

Is the item at Amazon :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-COMPLETE-WI-FI-DISC-ADD/dp/B07TYZR7MQ/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=qfafE&cont...

- the disc that will work with my BT Business Smart Hub 2 (supplied by BT in June 2022) ?

As a supplementary question - does anyone know where I can buy one (not subscribe) from BT - I can only find the "Whole wifi" (Home?) version in the BT shop.

Rob

Nitzschestad

@Nitzschestad wrote:

@rob-SMR wrote:

The fact that it's described as "add-on" makes me wonder if it will work - I know that the non-BT supplied Yealink digital phones don't work with the BT base station - i don't want to be bitten twice! USPayserv

Wi-Fi Discs talk to your hub to create a single seamless network from basement to attic. Devices automatically connect to the hub or disc with the strongest signal, guaranteeing a flawless connection. You should get faster wi-fi too, and be able to stream HD content anywhere in your home.

May be it helpful to us ..

Thanks , 

Regards !!

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rob-SMR,

I wouldn't be able to advise on this as we only provide tech support for the Complete Wi-Fi service. 

If you'd like one of our sales expert to contact you with further information on Complete Wi-Fi, please send me a private message by heading to my profile and hitting "Send a Message" as I'll need to take some of your account information.

Thanks,

^SamG 

rosequartz

hi, i have the black discs and they work ok. i bought them online, not thru amazon. i dont think the white ones do because when i moved from a home account to business my white disc stoped working which is why i bought the black ones. they have helped but when ive had issues ive had to google it cause the bt help line arent able to help me with the black discs. the signal is much better now. i have a business smart hub 

rob-SMR

Ah - you seem to have answered the question for me . . . .

The question was just whether the disc that Amazon sells (per the link) will work with BT Business Broadband Smart Hub 2 which I had installed in June 22. I am not prepared to pay a rental/subscription to BT for something that I think can be purchased for around/less than a year's BT rental.
My question was raised because I believe there is a difference between COMPLETE wifi discs and WHOLE wifi discs (which I believe are for home-type hubs) - you seem to have clarified that.   Thanks

rob-SMR

Update - after some "deep and meaningful discussion" BT supplied a Complete WiFi disc (black one) on trial and, after about 3 weeks of use, seems to work get the wifi back up to the level of the previous router.  Now need to sort out a permanent arrangement at no additional cost.