Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a USB Drive to the USB socket on my BT Business Hub 3

Jen1
Administrator
Administrator

Find out which BT Business Hub you've got

The BT Business Hub 3 supports USB 2.0 memory drives or external hard drives, connected to the socket at the back of the hub.

Some USB drives may not be compatible with the BT Business Hub 3. Printers are also not supported and won't work if connected to the hubs USB socket.

To see the files stored on the drive from your computer:

1. Connect your USB or external hard drive to the USB socket on the back of the BT Business Hub 3.
    If you've got a Windows PC, there may be a delay of up to 15 minutes for your computer to detect the drive in the Network folder. So don't worry if you don't see it immediately.
  2. From the Desktop or Start button open My Computer or Computer (depending on which version of Windows you have).
  3. In the Address bar type \\192.168.1.254 (or the router address if different from default).
  4. Press Enter. You should now see the icon for the USB drive, it will be called USB or similar.

To disconnect the drive:

1. Open your web browser and browse to http://btbusinesshub.home to open the Hub Manager.
  2. Click on Safely disconnect on the My Business Network, USB line.
3 REPLIES 3

kelper
Guru

My Smarthub 1 recognises my USB HDD, but it is not visible in File Explorer.  So what purpose does the USB port have?

Timothyj

The BT Business Hub 3 offers support for USB 2.0 memory drives or external hard drives connected to the USB socket at the back of the hub. This feature allows users to access and manage files stored on the connected drive directly from their computer. However, it's important to note that not all USB drives may be compatible with the BT Business Hub 3, so it's advisable to check compatibility before connecting.

To access files stored on the connected USB drive from a Windows PC, follow these steps:

1. Connect the USB or external hard drive to the USB socket on the back of the BT Business Hub 3.

2. After connecting the drive, there might be a slight delay of up to 15 minutes for your computer to detect the drive in the Network folder. Be patient and don't worry if you don't see it immediately.

3. From the Desktop or Start button on your Windows PC, open "My Computer" or "Computer" (depending on the version of Windows you have).

4. In the Address bar of the File Explorer, type \\192.168.1.254 (or the router address if different from the default).

5. Press Enter. You should now see the icon for the USB drive, typically labeled as "USB" or something similar.

To safely disconnect the USB drive from the BT Business Hub 3, follow these steps:

1. Open your web browser and browse to http://btbusinesshub.home to access the Hub Manager.

2. Click on "Safely disconnect" on the "My Business Network" section under the "USB" line.

By following these steps, you can easily access files stored on the connected USB drive and ensure a safe disconnection when you're done using it. However, it's worth noting that printers are not supported and won't work if connected to the USB socket on the BT Business Hub 3. USPayserv 

kelper
Guru

Thanks, but you have just repeated the info in post #1!

As I said, my hub is a Smarthub 1, not a Smarthub 3