cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to complain for vulnerable elderly parents about errors in full fibre installation

Reb

My elderly parents have been left in a remote location without phone or broadband all because they ordered BT full fibre upgrade in August. Their old system was switched off an engineer has been out a couple of times but they have not been prioritised and the service has been poor. 

2 REPLIES 2

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Reb

Did your parents take out a home account or a business account with us? We only deal with BT Business which is why I ask. You can find our residential equivalent here.

^BethM

jeffremington

I have a business account and was forced to upgrade to digital even though they cannot offer full fibre FFTP. They sent me a clunky desk phone which i did not order and charged me for it, but that will not work; router shows it is there but its not ported correctly and is as much use as a door stop seeing its heavy enough. It does not finish its setup and despite numerous reboots and factory resets will not work as "phone ready" light does not come on at all. They will not let me use my IP phone but are happy to sell me cordless handsets at a price which wont work anyway because the phone wont connect. I have a vulnerable person living here and little to no mobile signal and if i were given the choice i would need a battery backup version in case of power cut.

Chatted with technical for over an hour and nothing resolved. The agent i chatted with had no clue and kept going off to check with openreach. I will never get that time back as I am no closer to get anything working and this is a business line! BT refuses to give the technical settings to make a voip phone work on the digital line. It's like blackmail. Why should I use their clunky phones when i have a perfectly good Gigaset cordless system that will connect with the router via LAN port and a system that works in my 500 year old house. Dire