cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find my BTB broadband password? Not my BT Business login password.

kelper
Guru

I don't need it now but I would like to record my broadband internet access password.

I have a Draytek Vigor already set up to replace the Business Smart Hub should it fail but the password is hidden by asterisks and I can't unobfuscate it.

On the Draytek, my username is M*****@hg7.btclick.com

But on my Business Smart Hub, it's green-light @ service.btclick.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Kelper and rosequartz

The green-light username is the generic username for our BT Business Routers.

If you require the specific password to set up a 3rd party router, you'll need to contact us to get this as it's specific to your connection so we need to pull up your account and pass security to provide this.

You can send me a private message with some details and I can look into this for you.

^BethM

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am having the same issue. My router also says green-light for the username and none of the emails I got after the order mention the password for my @btclick.com email. I understand I need this to set up my new non-BT router?

My current BT Smart Hub works fine but I would prefer to use my new one. 

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

kelper
Guru

I think I got mine in a text message.  What router are you using?

Start your own topic and you may get a message from a mod.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Kelper and rosequartz

The green-light username is the generic username for our BT Business Routers.

If you require the specific password to set up a 3rd party router, you'll need to contact us to get this as it's specific to your connection so we need to pull up your account and pass security to provide this.

You can send me a private message with some details and I can look into this for you.

^BethM

kelper
Guru

Thanks Beth, we got cut off but I have the password now.

tonyc1

Hi Beth

I have just had a BT business Hub2 installed & need to replace it with a Vigor. The B/Band username on the BT Hub is 'btbusinesshub@business.btclick.com' & it says password not required. Is this the same scenario as the green-light username & I need a specific user/password for the PPPoA connection on the Vigor?

I did contact BT chat support & the gave me a username of  the form N######@hg7.btclick.com & password like: G#bt####p###m - are these what I should use on the Vigor?

They also told me a static address of 81.133.###.### had been assigned but looking at the BTHub it has an address of 109.146.###.### so i'm not sure if/when the address will change?

(Note they also told me a modem with WAN port connection would be installed but actually it's just the standard 2-port wall box)

kelper
Guru

That is the correct format of username and password.  I use a Vigor router.  It took a few days for my static IP to take effect. 

Try restarting the hub and check IP again.

What do you get if you type ipconfig /all into a terminal or command prompt?