cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid connect / time taken to return to broadband

MartinMM

I recently had full fibre + hybrid connect installed and have been simulating line faults to check how hybrid connect works. I've observed that the router continues to use 4G for about 25 minutes after the broadband connection has returned. I understand it waiting a little while to ensure the broadband is really back, but 25 minutes seems like a long time. Is it normal, and is it adjustable?

3 REPLIES 3

kelper
Guru

How are you simulating ?

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi MartinMM, 

I don't think there is a way to adjust the time taken to return to your broadband. Can I ask, how quickly is it taken to turn on the 4G backup. There is no harm in it taking 25 minutes to change back though. There is no usage restrictions. I take it you are just removing the internet cable from the back of the hub to simulate this? 

Thanks

^PaulC1

MartinMM

We have tried both disconnecting the fibre from the modem and by removing the hub connection to the modem. It's not about there being harm in taking 25 minutes, just obviously the sooner our real line is working the better. I'm still wondering if this is the expected amount of time it should take? Thanks