cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In some need of help with BT Broadband Fibre issues

jaksaendo

Hi there, I am looking for some advice on a few network issues I've been having. Recently moved in to a new house and ordered BT Superfast Fibre 2 broadband which was fitted the week before we moved in (3rd April). First week we had zero issues with network speeds, was getting the advertised speeds of 55-75mbs and didn't have a single problem until this weekend. The network keeps limiting itself to 20mbs download, speed tests range between 9 and 17mbs download speed when we were getting really good speeds last week. Strangely, when I went to ring BT yesterday, the second the phone started ringing, the speed went straight up to 66mbs after 2 full days of slow speeds. Then, about 7 hours later, it capped itself again and wouldn't go any higher than 12. As I had noticed the coincidence, when I got home from work I went to the landline phone and rang my own number on the phone, and to my surprise, it boosted the speed straight back up again. I was baffled that there seemed to be some kind of interference between the two. The same thing happened this morning, however this time, the phone ringing fix hasn't worked, and I've been sitting at 12mbs download speed all day.

I have tried factory resetting the router, changing the channels that the network is on and changing where the router is plugged in. On the smart hub manager (it's Smart Hub 2) it says we have a Fibre VDSL connection, but the status is showing a download sync speed of 19.999mbs and an upload sync speed of 20mbs, which can't be right?

Just wondering if anyone has any idea on what might be causing the network speed to be so low considering we are 440metres away from the cabinet, and we are getting a quarter of the speed we're paying for. I would much appreciate any help.

1 REPLY 1

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jaksaendo

Is this for a business account or residential?

^BethM