cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-selling of BT Business equipment and BT services

In September 2022 I received a phone call from BT Business Local (Macclesfield?) informing me that our current broadband installation required an urgent upgrade. Obviously I trusted the BT represenatative (I do have that person's name) and an order was raised to deliver, install new equipment and remove the about to become defunct equipment. A BT serial number OID - 06955136 was raised. This was signed by myself on 14/09/22 at 02.28pm

On September 14th 2022 BT sent 3 pieces of equipment all in the same package to our business address.

On September 15th 2022 we received an email to let us know the equipment was on its way. Order number BT2226BR38D

The equipment arrived safely at our business.

On September 28th 2022 we received an email from BT Business informing us that an engineer would be on site on 30/09/22 between 8.00am and 1.00pm.

The engineer never arrived.

The equipment remains in our possession in its original packaging.

Since then and up to the present we have been charged for the original equipment and its services (which was supposed to be out of date) PLUS the new equipment and its services (which was never installed) 

More importantly is that due to the fact the old equipment has been functioning successfully for almost 2 years is proof that we should never have been sold the new equipment in the first place.

This is a clear cut case of mis-selling. I look forward to haering from you.

3 REPLIES 3

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi portlandhotelbu

I'm sorry you have been charged for this despite the service never having been installed. Have you contacted our billing team regarding this at all? You can find their contact information here.

^BethM

Shawn1

We dealt with BT local business in Harlow ... once they had the order there was very little we could .

We still have two accounts running (the old digital one) and the new cloud one  and we are paying both .

if I let the old account go before porting we lose our office phone number we've had for 25 years 

Lets face it the whole set up is a shambles , I'm currently sat here waiting for a call back from India as I type this .

Obviously being in business I have nothing else to do .

Good luck sorting yours 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Shawn1

Did you get a call back for this?

^BethM