cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold / Charged £260+vat for Missed Appointment

cr99

We had a scheduled appointment today with an openreach engineer to upgrade our Broadband and phone line but when he saw our setup he said that I was mis-sold a new standalone line and broadband contract which I did not need.

He said we already have an existing contract with BT Business and did not require an additional line/broadband connection. He then tried to call BT to cancel or change it to an upgrade and was given the runaround.

He cancelled the appointment on his PDA and told me I would not be charged and I was to contact BT to cancel the new contract. He did say that if we went ahead and installed the extra line and services I would have cancellation fees to pay on my old line!

There were other things said about what had been done to me but I did not want to put this on a public forum as it is quite shocking.

I have been a loyal BT Business customer for more than 20 years.
Please can you help sort this out as I cannot afford an extra £260+vat on top of my latest phone bill.

4 REPLIES 4

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I am sorry to hear this. If you can privately message me I can take your business details and assist.

Thank you,

Adam

cr99

Hi Adam, as requested I have sent you a private message.

TimBunting

They did this to me too. They arranged an appointment. Within hours I texted back, saying I couldn't do that date. I even got an acknowledgement, very lucky I kept it. They then arranged another appointment. I waited all day, no one came .. only to find they had charged me for the original appointment. 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi TimBunting

I'm sorry you were charged for the appointment, did you get this sorted? If not, please send me a private message with the account details.

^BethM