cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power cuts

Steve514

Hi asking for information on power cuts 

I have a hub 2 with the 4g hybrid connect and as we are having a lot of power cuts in my road ( the main power line is so old and once they fix one fault another one shows up ).

Also I have a severely autistic boy which doesn’t help the situation as he can’t understand why the broadband doesn’t work , I’m thinking of getting a ecoflow Delta 2 power station ( basically a unit with a massive internal battery that you can run devices without using the mains power ).

my question is if I brought this and we have another 5 hr plus power outage would my router, hybrid and basically my internet run ?

i.e will he be able still to use WiFi 

I’m asking because yes it should but something is telling me maybe not because the Adsl line isn’t live because of a power cut in my road ( I’m sure the little box on the wall that the cable plugs into has a small amount of voltage running through it ) any thoughts please 

1 REPLY 1

kelper
Guru

I use a universal laptop charger which had the right plug for the BT Hub.  I used a 7Ah motorcycle battery.  It gave me about 7 hours use.

Most hubs need 12V DC,  just look on the back of the power supply.

If you have a cell phone and a good signal you use tethering - the phone can produce a wifi network.

You could run the hub direct from the battery but a fully charged battery could be 13V or more and I don't know if this would harm the hub.

There's no point running the hub AND the hybrid.

I'd even suggest buying a Chinese phone with a larger battery - they can be had for about £80.

My satellite internet draws a lot of power so I bought a 60Ah car battery that is the same as the one in my car.  I thought I might as well in case the car battery ever failed.

THat ecoflow Delta 2 power station is £800 !!.   Mind you it could run a fridge or freezer as well.