cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static route does not work after BT Hub power cycle

tankfish

Hi,

I have created a static route in the BT Business hub which usually works as expected.

However, when the hub is power cycled the static route stops working.

To resolve this, I make a small change eg. to the subnet mask so that the save button appears on the page. I press save, then revert my change and save again.

The static route then works.

This feels like a firmware bug - static routes do not work after a hub reboot until they are saved again, even though they are present on the settings page.

Does anyone else have this issue? 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Beth, I’ve now confirmed that static IP is not configured (the button is grey in the Business Hub). I think the package comes with a static IP which we are not using.

Hi, if your package does include a static IP then you just need to activate it. You can do so by speaking to the sales team on 0800800152 or raising a chat on the website. Once the order is placed to change to a static IP it normally takes a few hours to take over. Thank you, Adam

Hi Adam,

Are you suggesting that if we set a static IP, then the static routes we have set will not break when the hub reboots?

Static IP and static routes are different things and I want to make sure it is understood that the problem is with static routes (not static IP).

Hi tankfish

Got a few people looking at it from my side, can you please private message me the serial number of the Hub and also as if possible screenshots of what shows when you set it back up?

^BethM

Thanks - I've  messaged you. 

tankfish

For the benefit of others, BT have confirmed they can reproduce the issue.

BathM - is there any news on a date for the fix?

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi tankfish

I have chased the team dealing, I will reply again once I have an update. 

^BethM

tankfish

Hi Beth, any updates please?

Thanks