cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble setting Smart hub 2 in bridge mode for mesh wifi

AndyGwill

I have Tp-Link deco x50 mesh wifi and want to use our new Smart hub 2 in bridge mode to act as a modem. This is for my local cricket club and we cannot afford to get a network engineer in as too costly.

I seem to be able to put the Smart hub 2 in bridge mode, lights turn solid orange, and get all the way through setup on the deco until it tries to test the Internet connection and fails. The light on the deco goes solid red as expected for no connection issues. I have LAN port 1 on the SH2 connected to port 1 on the deco. The only options I have while setting up the deco is to turn Internet TV and voip off. Or to change the connection type.

I have found this thread,
https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-set-up-bridge-mode-on-the-BT-business-hub/m-p/501...
but can't seem to find the setting for link configuration as in the instructions.

I also want to do it this way to avoid double NAT as it seems to be causing problems with our tills and card machines.

I have managed to set it up by keeping the SH2 in router mode but want the deco as the main router. I would also like to avoid having the deco in access point mode as I will lose some functionality.

Any help is most appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

kelper
Guru

I guess you are connecting to the wrong port on the DECO.  There should be a port labelled WAN or Internet.

Can you list the names on each of the Ethernet ports?