cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload latency

stannersc

Recently upgraded our business FTTP package from 300/30 to 500/70 and have the latest hub as part of the package. 

Ever since this change we have been having issues with our VOIP phone system and latency.

On doing a speedtest I can see that the upload latency is hitting 500+ and I'm assuming this is the cause of our issues as no other changes have occurred.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Cheers

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi stannersc

I'm sorry you've been having issues with your VOIP. So I can get this looked into, can you please send me a private message with some account details?

^BethM

RamJam

Hello, 

I am having exactly the same issue with the upload latency going to 500ms and is really affecting my broadcasting job as the IT department from my job is adamant that all the issues I am having is due to the upload latency. I am on G.fast 300 mbps and 45 mbps upload. I have contacted BT in 2 occasions and BT support did run speed tests and said is everything ok from what they can see, they acknowledged the latency but nothing further as a resolution and the fault was closed. I asked how much it will cost me to a leave as I still have 1 more year in the contract and they said is going to cost £600 to leave. I am getting really upset here because this upload latency affects my job as a broadcaster, I installed business type instead of residential and pay a premium just to be sure is top notch, but that's not the case.

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, 

If you can privately message me I can take your business account details and assist you.

Thank you

Adam