cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business Email Password Reset

cwusouthwales
Under Managed Services, Manage email accounts, the option to change password for mailboxes (aside from admin) has been removed (new fisher price version website). A colleague has changed their password and forgotten what it is. Whereas I would normally go into managed services and reset their password - I no longer can.

Please can BT advise how I now go about doing this?

4 REPLIES 4

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi cwusouthwales

To change the password for a btconnect.com email address, go to secure.business.bt.com. You then enter the email address into the box provided and click "i've forgotten my password" this will take you through the reset journey.

We have an article that goes over the difference between the old and new Manage Service portals here...

^BethM

DazzaSlayer

Hi cwusouthwales

Each mailbox has to be managed individually I believe, as it's more secure. So instead of changing the passwords from the admin account you have to manage them through the specific mailbox. You can use the Forgot My Password option on the BT website with the specific email that you have forgotten the password for, and reset it that way - or alternatively if you give BT Business a call/chat/WhatsApp, they should be able to help you by sending you a temporary password to log in with and reset the actual password that way 🙂

Willie2276

@cwusouthwales wrote:
Under Managed Services, Manage email accounts, the option to change password for mailboxes (aside from admin) has been removed (new fisher price version website). A colleague has changed their password and forgotten what it is. Whereas I would normally go into managed services and reset their password - I no longer can.

Please can BT advise how I now go about doing this?

I had that issue. Only got solved by contacting the support. Took some days or even weeks though unfortunately...

petergroft
Power User

To do so, just follow the steps below.
Sign in to Account settings.
Under Security details click on + Edit next to Password.
Enter your old and new details.
Click Enter and your password will be updated immediately.

Greetings,

Peter