cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Connect email hacked.

cactusleather

Hello there,

Recently my BT Connect account was compromised however I was thankfully able to get control back and changed the password after the intruders used it to spam other email addresses. I have now come across a new problem where all old contacts or people who had sent me emails in the past can no longer email me.

This includes important contacts such as PayPal, Banks etc. However, people who had not emailed me prior to the compromisation of the account can still send me emails.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me through how to fix this as it is incredibly important.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Cactusleather,

It sounds like the ISP's of the people who received your spam emails have blocked your IP address. If you have a dynamic IP address then it could be as simple as turning off your hub for 10-15 minutes so that when you reconnect you take a new IP from the pool. If you try this and it doesn't work or you have a static IP, please let me know 

Thanks

^PaulC1

petergroft
Power User

First you need to run an anti-virus scan on all of the devices you use to access your email. It's important to do this before changing your password. You'll then need to log in at www.bt_com/login  email to change your password and follow the security advice offered.

Hope This Works,

Peter