cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTconnect email addresses - they are being discontinued.

Dawne

These are being discontinued.  Like so many others since lunch time today our outlook as been returning constant requests to log in with user name and password - which now never works.  I've been on to technical who tell me the only way to get access to send or receive now is to log into my bt account using the web interface.  Sorry BT just not good enough.  I'm told SMTP and also POP have been discontinued and that IMAP won't work either.

BT have literally stuffed my business as it's the main email address we use.  We are currently working on commissioning different email addresses and then will forward on.   Crazily I do have a paid for license, but they couldn't attach the two licenses for the btconnect and the rather clunky @microsoft.com one which is enormously huge and therefore not useable.    

This is really not good enough BT.

4 REPLIES 4

kelper
Guru

Blame Microsoft, not BTB!

was

No, both are at fault for removing btconnect email service from, probably, thousands of business users who have been using Outlook to handle their emails for many, many years. To expect us to use web based email (OWA) is, frankly ridiculous. OWA does not provide all the features of Outlook and it takes much longer to handle one's emails - and is extremely clunky to use. Also, for example, as far as I can see, there seems to be no way of backing up emails to .pst files (or anywhere) on one's desktop from OWA - as there is with Outlook. And all with about 2 weeks notice! Where is the Telecomms regulator or Government minister to bang a few heads together?

kelper
Guru

My brother uses Outlook on his desktop and still has access to all his old BT emails.  Are you sure there is no *.pst file somewhere on your computer?

was

Yes, there are indeed .pst files (one for every email) associated with my Outlook app - which is still handling my POP3 email service. However, I have been advised that this service will be disconnected imminently, when I will have to start using OWA access only. When that happens, I have not been able to find a way yet whereby I will be able to transfer the OWA emails to my .pst files. Let alone continue using Outlook for my email service.