cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send emails

jonhyde

Hi,

Since my email was spoofed, I can no longer send emails, incoming is fine.

Error message is 550 5.1.8 Access denied, bad outbound sender AS(42004).

I've completed a virus & malware scan and changed my password, but still can't send.

Any help gratefully received!

2 REPLIES 2

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jonhyde 

Can you please send me a private message with some details? It sounds like you may have been blocked by Microsoft, so I'll need to get my Technical team to look into this.

^BethM

rachelgomez123
Power User

If you're experiencing issues with sending emails after your email address has been spoofed, there are a few steps you can take to address the problem:

Contact your email service provider: Reach out to your email service provider's customer support and inform them about the issue. Provide details about the error message you're receiving (550 5.1.8 Access denied, bad outbound sender AS(42004)). They can investigate and potentially resolve any configuration or security issues that may be causing the problem.

Enable email authentication methods: To prevent email spoofing and improve email deliverability, consider implementing email authentication methods such as SPF (Sender Policy Framework), DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail), and DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance). These protocols help verify the authenticity of your outgoing emails and reduce the likelihood of them being blocked or marked as spam.

Check SMTP settings: Review your email client or application's SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) settings. Ensure that you have entered the correct SMTP server address, port number, and authentication credentials (username and password). Double-check if any changes need to be made based on your email service provider's recommendations.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez