cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email spammed - account blocked

Ers2

Hello

My bt connect email account was used by spammers to send out bulk mail. I fixed that I think - by changing password - but am not able to send out emails - though can receive them.  Please can someone help and explain what I should do to get the bt (365) a/c unblocked? I have tried disconnecting from router hub but that hasn't helped.

Thanks for any suggestions.

20 REPLIES 20

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ers2

In this case where you suspect your account was compromised, we not only recommend you change your passwords but also to scan your devices that have been logged into the email with anti-virus and anti-malware software to be certain it will not be compromised again. This is to avoid your account getting fully blocked as a suspected spam account by Microsoft.

If you've done these steps and it's still blocked, can you please PM me your email address and I can look into this for you

Beth

^BethM

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ers2 

I have sent you a private message asking for some more details, when you can please reply to this. 

Beth

^BethM

cohenjas

Hi,

i am unable to send emails from my account. 

i have reset my password, can someone please reset my account to i am able to send emails.

thanks 

Jason 

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi cohenjas,

Are you getting any error message when trying to send emails? This will help me diagnose the issue.

Thanks

^PaulC1

cohenjas
Hi Paul,
Yes an email bounces back with the following error message.
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

jason.cohen@uk.mizuho-sc.com
Your message couldn't be delivered because you weren't recognized as a valid sender. The most common reason for this is that your email address is suspected of sending spam and it's no longer allowed to send email. Contact your email admin for assistance.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: AS8PR07MB7350.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com

jason.cohen@xxxxx.com
Remote Server returned '550 5.1.8 Access denied, bad outbound sender AS(42004)'

AlMiller

Can you tell me how you managed to reset your password please as I have the exact same issues.

I have a btconnect.com email (from an old BT Business account which i still use).

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi AlMiller, 

To reset your btconnect.com email address, please go to secure.business.bt.com and follow the forgotten password journey. If any issues remain after following that journey, please let me know via PM and I can have a look for you. 

Thanks 

^PaulC1

Ers2

Thank you for contacting me and getting this issue solved. Very grateful to you and the team.

cohenjas
Hi,
I have reset my bt account password but my email is still not working , still bouncing back , please advise how I can get my email to work properly
Thanks