cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox won't load emails

Bettyblue1

Hi, I'm really struggling and would really appreciate some help please. 

For the last 24/36 hours my Inbox takes a while to load then nothing and I get the message '' We are experiencing issues with the service, please try again later.'' 

I can send emails fine and spam, trash, drafts are all normal.  

I have just spent an hour with an online BT assistant to no avail. I have logged out and in again several times, changed my password, cleared cache, tried laptop, phone and husband's phone on Chrome, Edge and bt web all with the same fault. 

Please, please can someone help?

8 REPLIES 8

kelper
Guru

How are you accessing email?  Via the BTB website?  If so, try Outlook on the web or go to Live.com.

Bettyblue1

Many thanks for your reply. I've tried to access my email via web.email.bt.com on Google and Edge. 

I went to Outlook.live and made an Outlook email address but I can't see how I can access my btinternet.com address? 

Apologies, as I'm not very computer savvy. 

kelper
Guru

You didn't need to make a new email address, you just login with your btinternet name and password, the same as you use to log in to BT.

If you have a btinternet address you are a residential customer and on the wrong forum.  But you still should be able to connect through Outlook.  Have you tried on a cell phone?

Bettyblue1

I keep going round and round in circles. Our BT bill says we have a business account but when I tried the online help it said it looked as if it was a home account, or something like that. 

I have tried to get my mail on my Samsung phone. I have just discovered I can access it through Mail but not through Google.  So some progress but I really need to access it on my laptop for ease of viewing, downloading etc.

I'll try going back to Outlook and try with my btinternet name and password. 

Thank you for your time and patience. 

So I have managed to sign into Outlook Mail.live using my btinternet.com successfully but my Inbox is still empty! In the sent and draft folders there are some random emails from months/years ago. 

I'm wondering if you have both a btconnect account AND a btinternet account?

Bettyblue1

Not to my knowledge.  

Hi,

If you can privately message me I can take your account details and assist.

Thank you

Adam