cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Out of Business Email Account and Need to Change Password

Aldams

Don't know what is happening here BUT our IPhones could not access any emails from our business account yesterday...thought we had been hacked so managed to change the password for the email account in question. 

NOW I can access my emails on the home computer all fine but every time I go into this account to change the password to a stronger one it says I have been 'locked' out !  I can unlock the account but when I go to change my password (which allows me to currently access the account) it says this is the wrong current password so I cannot change anything and then it locks me out again ........ I am going around in circles.  In the meantime our phones can't access anything remotely which is a pain ....HELP!!??

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Aldams

Hope you are well. Sorry to hear you are having these issues.

It sounds like there could be potentially an issue on your account if it is sending you in circles like that (especially if you are using multiple devices/web browsers). This would be something we would need to look at on your account in more detail, so I would recommend giving us a call on 0800 800 154 so that we can look into this one further for you.

I do hope you can get this one sorted! 

Regards

Ryan

seadmin

I am trying to access my btconnect account from home.  As I have saved my password on work computer and sadly not taken a note of it I cannot access this account.  I tried "forget password" but bt are asking for an eight digit pin number which i definately don't have.  They are however sending a four digit pin number to an entirely different email address.

How can  get out of this  loop and access my business email address

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Seadmin

Again, for that one I would recommend giving us a call. We are prioritising essential and vulnerable businesses just now, so there may be a wait to get through, but we will still be able to assist you. We may need to try and reset your details manually, but would need to validate you over the phone before we could take a look at this one for you.

Hope you are able to get that sorted without any issue!

Regards

Ryan