cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost the password for a btconnect email address

paul_read

My wife still uses her old btconnect.com email, from the time when we had a btconnect service, but she cannot remember the password. It is hard-wired on her computer and therefore she has access to her emails on the Desktop. However she would like to put the emails onto her iPad. How can we get the email password reset? I have tried to log into my BT.com account. My account keeps cycling asking me to log into the email acccount, I enter the userid and password and  I get the message "You're not currently logged in to email - to login, click here" If I click on the "click here" link  I get the email login page so I enter the details again and the cycle repeats. All we want to do is reset my wife's password so that she can continue to use her email on a new device.

22 REPLIES 22

MartinWorsley

Evening.

I biought my own domain through BT some years ago and subscribe to the Business Lite poroduct. I've set up my own email and email addresses for my wife, kids and mother. My wife has changed her computer and phone and was having trouble getting her emails so I checked the server settings but all appeared correct although I couldn't get it to work either. I deleted the account fmo her machines and reinstalled - still no joy.

Tried to change password and start from scratch only to have a message saying that her Admin hadn't granted her password-reset rights! New one on me. Apparently I'm not the Admin, either, even though its my TLD and Account. 

Also, viewing the email addresses linked to my domain only lists both her and my own "@btconnect" addresses, showing our "@mydomain" addresses as the addresses to which messages are forwarded.

I am massively confused now as it feels like I need another account/login with which to access & manage our email accounts but surely that can't be the case and I'm just missing something really simple. There just doesn't seem to be anywhere within my dashboard for me to check her settings and reset her password. Or appoint myself as an/the Admin. To manage roles, I need my account number and thaat's just nowhere to be found.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? 

Here's hoping.

Cheers.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi MartinWorsley

So I can look into this for you, can you please send me a Private Message with your details

Beth

^BethM

MartinWorsley

Koinonia

Similar problem as another reported. 

I resent MyBT password as requested. This was accepted but when logging into the email the same password was rejected. 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi MartinWorsley

I've replied back to your Private Message, please have a look over this 

Beth

^BethM

Sarka

Good afternoon I am having the same problem I am trying log into my btconnect.com (i was able earlier and changed password) but keep getting message it is not recognise when i try to log in into outlook and when i try again to log in btconnect.com email it keep saying sending a code to this email but I can not get into . please help

Sarka

Good afternoon I am having the same problem I am trying log into my btconnect.com (i was able earlier and changed password) but keep getting message it is not recognise when i try to log in into outlook and when i try again to log in btconnect.com email it keep saying sending a code to this email but I can not get into . please help

greghope

Hi Paul, I'm also struggling with updating and changing passwords on BT Connect email.  I have an administrator account, but the website I used to use no longer works.  I've tried to update passwords using the link provided, but now I can't access email accounts on any device.  Not sure which way to turn.  Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

LewisAbbco

Having the exact same issue if anyone can help?

RachelR

Hi Paul I have a similar problem to Rowena.  I can access my BT connect account for an associated account but not the primary one.  I get into the BT Admin Portal and reset the password but it isn't filtering through to Microsoft.  Help!