cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your btconnect.com email security is being improved - is this genuine?

pfg

Just received this email, ostensibly from BT, advising that POP email is to be discontinued in favour of Outlook Web Access.

Is this email genuine? I ask because the email contains links to https://btbusiness.imicampaign.io/    This is not apparently a BT domain.

If it IS genuine, whoever wrote it should be shot, as it makes a point of saying "only trust emails from our domain bt.com" - but then includes links to non-BT domains.

5 REPLIES 5

kelper
Guru

No, I don't think it's kosher.  I followed the link but it requires you to sign in.  There is nowhere to register, so it might be an attempt to get your login details.

Who sent it?

jtanna
Power User

BT is definitely improving security by disabling Pop3 which we have asking for sometime. If you read my posts in 2022, I was complaining about pop3 access only for BTconnect email because with pop3 you don't get all the folders to download in Outlook or Thunderbird. This means, if you have created filters in the account to sort your emails to go to various folders then you don't see them in email client. This was silly in my opinion because people avoid web based email as much as possible.

Now the things will change and hopefully we'll get IMAP access soon. This link explains better:

The security of btconnect.com email is being improved 

We are moving into the 21 century, Hooray!! We should celebrate.

jtanna
Power User

By the way, we won't be able to use email clients anymore according to the link I posted. This is not 21st century, is it? Microsoft will have something to say about this because their premium product called Outlook won't be of any use to anybody to access its own servers. This is clearly oxymoron.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi pfg

Did the email come from info@mailbox.bt.com? If so, it is legitimate. 

^BethM

MegaSquirrel

@pfg wrote:

Just received this email, ostensibly from BT, advising that POP email is to be discontinued in favour of Outlook Web Access.

Is this email genuine? I ask because the email contains links to https://btbusiness.imicampaign.io/   securitasepay.com This is not apparently a BT domain.

If it IS genuine, whoever wrote it should be shot, as it makes a point of saying "only trust emails from our domain bt.com" - but then includes links to non-BT domains.

I’ve observed that as well.