Accepted Solution

resting users email passwords office 360 with BT

hi,

I have office 360 with BT and have up to 10 email addresses/users. We use outlook and i am trying to transfer to a new PC.

Two users have forgotten their passwords and when i try to reset them via the webmail page it says it is not set up. 

I logged into BT business account as administrator on the BT website, but i can't see/change their passwords or find setting to enable them to reset the passwords themselves.

the only options i have is to deactivate their accounts.

If i back up their outlook files on current computer, then deactivate thier accounts and set them up again with the same email addresses would that work? on the basis that i can then use the backed up outlook files on the new pc.  Or if not where is the setting to enable password reset? 

thanks in advance 

BT Employee

Re: resting users email passwords office 360 with BT

Hi richwell

Sorry for the delayed reply. There is a bit of a known issue just now with resetting passwords for some accounts - so this could be what is at fault here. That should be sorted ASAP - but depending on your account the issue could be completely unrelated. I would recommend getting in touch with our livechat team here - they can help you get those resets in place after validating the account without you needing to deactivate and reactivate anything.

Regards

Ryan

Highlighted

Re: resting users email passwords office 360 with BT

Hi, thanks for reply. Yes live chat sorted it out for me. 👍

/* /