cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check Google Mobile Services enable in device or not?

RyanBishop

I have to check if google services are active on the device. How can I check it? Looking just play services is enough?

I need this check for Huawei services.

Lowes Life

5 REPLIES 5

Eva44
If flag == true , then GMS is enable in device. If flag == false , then GMS is disable in device.

Eleanor69

@RyanBishop wrote: EmployeeConnection.net Insite

I have to check if google services are active on the device. How can I check it? Looking just play services is enough?

I need this check for Huawei services.

Lowes Life

You should use GoogleApiAvailability API. GooglePlayServicesUtil API is deprecated, don't use it. Show activity on this post. If flag == true , then GMS is enable in device.

crystal458

Google Mobile Services (GMS) is a collection of Google applications and APIs that help support functionality across devices. These apps work together seamlessly to ensure your device provides a great user experience right out of the box.

www.hcarewards.com

ErnaChamplin

Usually, devs maintain different branches for HMS and GMS. No Team wants to send HMS code and dependency in a single build because of two reasons.   myPennMedicine Login Page

1. It might interfere with Google license

2. App size of having two similar dependencies but from different providers.
    Huawei devices has HMS core app which port for GMS into HMS services in case some services are changed by the dev team

LindaWilborn

Only real downside is gpay, if I could pay wirelessly in germany with a Huawei device, I wouldnt mind. I know I can with p30 Pro and older devices.  MyWawaVisit