cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing localhost website from mobile device

Demarcus

I have an ASP.Net website hosted on my Win8's localhost, the site seems to be running as expected on the desktop, but now i also want to test the site website on mobile device to check how it renders

Is there anyway i can access the website from my mobile device

My Mobile Device and Desktop Machine are connected to the same Network via Router.

Here are the details of my machine and router.

Machine has Win8 Pro Installed running IIS 8.0.9200.16384
Router is TP-Link Basic 150Mbps.
Device is Karbonn A15, Android - 4.0.4 (ICS)
Can anyone tell me how can i connect my mobile device to localhost website.

10 REPLIES 10

Lenard

If both your desktop and phone are connected to the same WiFi (or any other local network), then use your desktop IP address assigned by the router (not localhost and not 127.0.0.1).

Kroger ESS Schedule

MichaelM

@Lenard wrote:

If both your desktop and phone are connected to the same WiFi (or any other local network), then use your desktop IP address assigned by the router (not localhost and not 127.0.0.1).

Kroger ESS Schedule

1. Step 1: Connect your devices to the same network.
  2. Step 2: Find your local IP address if your computer (IPV4)
  3. Step 3: Get the port number. mykohlscharge
  4. Step 4: Open your mobile browser.

Macey

The solution worked for me thanks to the community and the members for the solution. PaybyPlateMa Invoice

Leon69

@Demarcus wrote: Novitasphere

I have an ASP.Net website hosted on my Win8's localhost, the site seems to be running as expected on the desktop, but now i also want to test the site website on mobile device to check how it renders

My Mobile Device and Desktop Machine are connected to the same Network via Router.

I'm currently experiencing the exact same thing.

MichaelM
Usually, you can access the localhost of any computer through the loopback address 127.0. 0.1. By default, this IP address references a server running on the current device. In other words,when your computer requests the IP address 127.0.

Leon69

@Demarcus wrote: MyWaffleHouse

Usually, you can access the localhost of any computer through the loopback address 127.0. 0.1. By default, this IP address references a server running on the current device. In other words, when your computer requests the IP address 127.0.

ava121

miamas

this was a really good information

check

miamas

Most of the time, you can use the loopback address 127.0.0.1 to get to the localhost on any computer. By default, this IP address points to a server that is running on the device you are using right now. When your computer asks for the IP address 127.0.0.1. 

krowd darden com