cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Cloud Voice Express Number Not Accepted by WhatsApp or Facebook

TreeBeard

I've recently taken on a phoneline for my shop and have been trying to add it as a contact number on Facebook and WhatsApp.

I'm 99.99% sure I'm adding the number correctly for their formats.

+44121 820 **** (Last 4 digits I've chosen to hide 😄 )

For Facebook this would just be a contact number on my profile for customers to see

For WhatsApp Business I'm trying to activate the number to call for a code to use on a tablet.

I'm trying to work out how to contact Facebook and/or WhatsApp but it seems they do their upmost to actually keep you from speaking to anyone, so I'm hoping someone on here might have the answer!

7 REPLIES 7

kelper
Guru

Did you try replacing +44 with 0?  Do you expect international calls inward?

https://faq.whatsapp.com/640432094208718?helpref=faq_content

TreeBeard

I've tried every alteration at the front under the sun.

I've tried other landline numbers that it DOES accept, which makes me think my number is the issue.
I don't pretend to know about these things, but it's not a physical landline the Cloud Voice Express I don't think which I wonder if that's an issue for Facebook and WhatsApp

I'm not expecting any international calls

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi TreeBeard,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues getting your number up on these platforms.

As long as the number itself is working for people being able to call in and you're able to dial out then there's nothing we can really do unfortunately as this is an issue with third party platforms. I've not been able to find a contact option for Facebook as you say, but this article does contain some information on formatting contact information: About personally identifiable information (contact information) | Meta Business Help Centre (faceboo...

^SamG

TreeBeard

Can you answer the question of whther it is classed as a Voip Number as a Cloud Voice Express?

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi TreeBeard,

Cloud Voice Express is a VoIP service so yes this will be a VoIP number.

Thanks,

^SamG

TreeBeard

Thankyou!

Do you know if there's a correct/different way to start the number instead of +44 that may make it work?

kelper
Guru

You could try a virtual number.  This offering is compatible with WhatsApp.  This might get you going.

https://numberpeople.co.uk/