cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT are unable to port my number from Plusnet and cannot provide a person to discuss it with me.

yorky1000

I have been trying to transfer over from Plusnet business since  23rd November 2023. I have a plethora of calls, texts and emails  and a loads of promises to call back, none of which happened. I got a text to say on Friday afternoon to say there might be a problem with a security  service on the line - please respond if this is the case. I responded  and finally got a phone call on Tuesday morning  which I could not here because of the poor line and a dog barking in the background.  I got a similar call this afternoon and again the line was appalling and could not be understood. Finally got a text this afternoon saying there is an issue which will be resolved in 5 working days - the 3rd time I have had such a text. BT have closed Plusnet business and can't provide us with a working phone system.

Can I speak to an advisor who understands the problem please on a phone line that is clear.

7 REPLIES 7

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I am sorry for the poor experience you have had. I just need to gather some details from you to arrange a call. Can you message me privately and I can sort things.

Thank you

Adam

Will this appear as a customer guide document somewhere ?

My BT residential number has stopped working since being persuaded to move to BT business broadband.

Fixing issues by private message smacks of trying to conceal just how badly this PSTN switch off is actually going.

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

In order to access accounts and request someone contact to assist we need to take the personal details privately. We can not post such information publicly on the community. Generic support and questions that do not require account access can be done publicly and we hope that members can support members.

Administrators try to only step in if the query needs direct BT support on an account or issue.

Thank you,

Adam

Buzby

I am more than happy to ask generic questions that can be shared to the community.

As a starter, how do I enable the analog 431A phone socket provided on the rear of the Smarthub-2 ?

Its the green one labelled "Phone"

I just want to make it work as a home phone for my home phone number and forget about all of cloud voice express entirely until it breaks in some special way of course.

If this is not possible, I would like to port my BT number to an external provider.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, 

BT Business do not support the green port is should be labelled not to be used if the hub was provided within a BT Business contract. Residential do support this port though. In your previous posts you have mentioned moving from residential to business and indicate this was something that you either did not want to do or are unsure why it happened.

This would need investigated if you did not want to stay with BT Business and we would need to take your details to assist. 

Thank you,

Adam

Buzby

I had Plusnet Business broadband and a seperate account for a BT residential number.

The two were never linked and had seperate billing methods.

BT enforced the closure of Plusnet Business and now I have no phone service.

This is not following the chain of events  BT Business sales portrayed.

If the green socket springs into life on a residential contract then I would like to go down that route.

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, 

If you can privately message me I can take the new business account details and we will get this all investigated for you. 

Thank you,

Adam