cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do i find my SIP outbound proxy?

prosodyspeaks

hi, 

btcloudvoice + webex user, windows 10

i have webex setup, it works well when clicking TEL: links, but we use a CRM package that can only initiate calls via the TAPI protocol. i have found a helper application that routes TAPI to VOIP, but to set it up i need the following details, i called btcloudvoice for support but they were clueless. where do i find the required details?

i need:

SIP domain (i assume this is the 'domain' i use to log in to cloudvoice? which, btw, is not a valid url because bt set it up as a .com despite our domain being .co.uk which is the domain they email us on)

SIP Outbound Proxy (i have no idea.... please help!)

User (maybe btcloudvoice portal username but suspect it is not)

password (maybe btcloudvoice portal password but i suspect not)

it would be super useful to be able to initiate calls from our sales software. 

or does anyone know a way to somehow make TAPI calls redirect to TEL: protocol?

thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

kelper
Guru

I can't help you.  Try Googling

"Cloud Voice" BT SIP Proxy

as there seems to be a lot of info online.

A forum mod will probably ask you to PM him/her on Monday.

You might need to pay for a VOIP service but, again, this is not something I know about

Peter69

@prosodyspeaks wrote: prepaidgiftbalance.com

hi, 

btcloudvoice + webex user, windows 10

i have webex setup, it works well when clicking TEL: links, but we use a CRM package that can only initiate calls via the TAPI protocol. i have found a helper application that routes TAPI to VOIP, but to set it up i need the following details, i called btcloudvoice for support but they were clueless. where do i find the required details?

i need:

SIP domain (i assume this is the 'domain' i use to log in to cloudvoice? which, btw, is not a valid url because bt set it up as a .com despite our domain being .co.uk which is the domain they email us on)

SIP Outbound Proxy (i have no idea.... please help!)

User (maybe btcloudvoice portal username but suspect it is not)

password (maybe btcloudvoice portal password but i suspect not)

it would be super useful to be able to initiate calls from our sales software. 

or does anyone know a way to somehow make TAPI calls redirect to TEL: protocol?

thanks!!

When you look at the configuration options on most IP phones, you will see a field called “Outbound Proxy” or “Outbound Proxy Server”. In this field you can enter an IP address, a host. domain name or just a domain name (as long as it can be resolved to an IP address in DNS).