cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing engaged tone for callers

DVD87

Hi

Have we taken a step backwards?

I'm trying to find out how we might let our callers know that we're actually busy on other calls. In the old days, like last year, it was easy. The caller got an engaged tone. They hung up and called later.

Now they don't even know we're in the office. They hear ring, ring .... and then they leave a message. We spend more time listening to answer phone messages, than we do speaking to customers! While we're listening to messages, more are being left. 

Call waiting doesn't help. You can't do much if you're speaking to a customer and now you're under pressure to close that call and  take  the new one. That's not how we have ever worked.

I ask in this digital age is it possible to limit the line to ONE call at a time, and bring back the engaged tone? If it can be done, anybody know how. BT support surely don't.

I should say we have Business broadband, wi-fi and Cloud Voice services.

It's the future apparently.

Thanks

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

Unfortunately with the cloud voice express service no an engaged tone is not available. It is not something any digital service we provide comes with but I was going to suggest a work around if you had cloud phone.

For cloud voice express an engaged tone is not an option.

Thank you

Adam

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Tony,

In order to assist can you confirm the cloud voice service you have. Is it cloud voice express, cloud voice or BT cloud Phone?

Thank you,

Adam

Hi Adam,

It's cloud voice express.

Thanks

Tony

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

Unfortunately with the cloud voice express service no an engaged tone is not available. It is not something any digital service we provide comes with but I was going to suggest a work around if you had cloud phone.

For cloud voice express an engaged tone is not an option.

Thank you

Adam

Hi Adam

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Guess what. It's not what I wanted to hear. 😉

I gather a number on Cloud Voice Express has 2 lines. Can that not be made to just 1 line? Ok might not be the correct terminology, but you get my meaning.

Tony

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

The cloud voice express is still considered 1 line with the ability to handle 1 call at a time.

If the line is busy it would move to voice mail.

With Digital systems the only way to have an engaged tone at the moment is to create a personalised voice mail which is a recorded engaged tone.

Thank you

Adam

Thanks Adam