cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No business phone line after 10 days

SalonV

Well, after 20 years in business, I never thought BT would be the reason for the collapse of my business. COVID couldn’t kills, lack of employable staff couldn’t deter us, higher taxation, endless new regs and Brexit were just a mere challenge compared to BT…

When you ask for a simple business Broadband and phone service from BT, you expect, we’ll hope that is what you get. Stupid me, I should have known better.

So after 10 days, no incoming calls ( 90% of our trade is booked via this comms), and no prospect of it being sorted anytime soon. There is NO Customer Service Department as confirmed by a Call Handler and No Customer Complaints Team either. So when problems happen, they stay …problems. I have raised a fault and have a fault log number and I was assured I would get a call today but..you guessed it, no call. Promised (further) new equipment would arrive tomorrow but…you guessed it, delivery now suggested as Monday. No Open Reach engineers were offered nor can I request this. After all we are only a business and we don’t need technical support

It’s been a while since I was this overwhelmed at business ineptitude and arrogance, but BT , this time you have surpassed all my expectations. 

Don’t worry though, Redundancies will start next Monday as the work and income have dried up..yet BT will still, and without an ounce of customer awareness issue their invoice for services supplied.

It’s a shame that after 20 years the ship gets scuppered along with the 11 people who rely on the income from our business. 

5 REPLIES 5

SalonV

A bit of an update on this since I posted it. I have sent this as an article to the Daily Mail Editorial Team. Judging by the number of similar issues with atrocious customer support and virtually no technical support, the DM should have an excellent fact filled article to run. 

AdamC
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I have reached out to you directly to support. If you can send over the information I requested I will assist.

Thank you

Adam

SalonV

Hello AdamC. I have replied to your PM on Friday and provided the details you requested. I now have  a  fault coming up on this site ‘ Authentification Failure etc etc’ which does not permit me to continue our PM conversation. Please reinstate the PM . Thanks

ArchLizard

After two decades in business, BT's service unexpectedly led to my company's downfall. Despite surviving COVID and staffing challenges, BT's incompetence proved insurmountable. A basic request for broadband and phone service turned disastrous. For ten days, crucial incoming calls were absent, impacting 90% of our trade. Shockingly, there's no Customer Service or Complaints Team to address issues promptly. Promised solutions, like new equipment, were delayed. Technical support was denied, leaving us stranded. This negligence has pushed us to the brink, forcing layoffs and jeopardizing livelihoods. BT's callousness amid our crisis is truly disheartening after 20 years of dedication.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ArchLizard

I'm sorry to hear your phone line was down. If there's anything I can help with, please send over a private message so we can discuss. 

^BethM